Client ControlGive your clients the ability to participate in projects in a limited or more broad role, with a dedicated set of features you can toggle.
- Version: 3.4.2
- Requires: Task Rocket 2.0+
- Price: $39 (AUD)
- What does this add-on do?
- How do I activate the add-on?
- How do I give a client access to a project?
- Can I give clients access to certain pages?
- What options can be set with this add-on?
- Do clients get access to the WordPress back-end?
- Can clients update their own details?
- Can more than one client be given access to the same project?
- Can an administrator log into the client area?
- Can I tweak the options differently for each client?
What does this add-on do?
The Client Control add-on replaces the default read-only client interface already built into Task Rocket.
You will be able to give your clients the ability to participate in projects in a limited or more broad role, with a dedicated set of features you can toggle via a dedicated client options control panel.
If you want your clients to have any level of involvement in a project, then this add-on is for you.
How do I activate the add-on?
Activate the add-on like you would any other WordPress plugin. Go to Plugins -> Installed Plugins -> Client Control and hit the Activate link.
Once the add-on has been activated, you will see a new tab in Task Rocket settings call Client Control.
How do I give a client access to a project?
If the client has not already been added as a user, you’ll need to add them in the usual way by going to Users -> Add new and make sure their role is set to Client.
Once the client has been added, you can then edit their user account and give them access to any project just below where it says Client Access:
Can I give clients access to certain pages?
Yes. Bear in mind this is for all clients. For example, you can’t give Client X access to Page X and Client Y access to Page Y. If you share a page with clients, all clients will have access to that page, so only share pages you’re comfortable with all clients seeing.
To give all clients access to a certain page, simply enable the checkbox on the page you want all clients to have access to:
What options can be set with this add-on?
The Client Control add-on lets you decide how much participation and information the client can have. The options are:
Let clients see tasks
Clients will be able to see all tasks in a project, even those owned by other users. Private tasks are not shown.
Let clients add projects to their calendar
Clients will be able to use the Add to Cal button to add projects to their calendar (requires the Add to Cal add-on).
Let clients reassign tasks
Clients will be able to reassign tasks to anyone.
Let clients create tasks
Clients will be able to create tasks.
Let clients add job numbers
Clients will be able to add job numbers when creating tasks (only relevant if clients are allowed to create tasks).
Let clients see project details
Clients will be able to view the details of the project, including the project manager, description and additional information.
Let clients edit tasks
Let clients edit their own tasks on the front-end.
Let clients attach files to tasks
Clients will be able to attach files when creating new tasks.
Let clients see attachments
Clients will be able to view any files attached to tasks.
Let clients comment
Clients will be able to create new comments and respond to comments on tasks.
Let clients see the project time information
Clients will be able to see how much time has been allocated, spent, remaining and the time frame for the project.
Let clients see project cost
Clients will be able to see the running cost of the project.
Let clients see task costs
Clients will be able to see the cost of each task.
Let clients see time spent on tasks
Clients will be able to see how much time has been spent on individual tasks.
Show project users
Clients will be able to see who is involved in the projects (only projects they have access to).
Display a message on the dashboard for all clients to see.
Do clients get access to the WordPress back-end?
No. There is no need for clients to have access to the WordPress back-end for any reason. Any attempt to access the back-end will redirect them back to the front-end dashboard.
Can clients update their own details?
Yes. Client can update common details such as:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Skype number
- Phone number
Clients can also upload an avatar.
Can more than one client be given access to the same project?
Yes. It’s as simple as adding a new user with the role of Client and choosing which projects they can access. There is no limit to how many clients or how many projects a client can access.
Can an administrator log into the client area?
No. There is nothing in the client area that administrators can not already see and control (from the back-end and front-end), so having access wouldn’t provide any advantage.
Can I tweak the options differently for each client?
No. The options you set in the Client Control add-on will be applied to all clients accounts.
v3.4.2 (13th May 2017)
- New option: Let clients reassign tasks.
- New option: Let clients add projects to their calendar (requires Add to Cal add-on).
- Fixed long description presentation issue on client dashboard.
- Clients can now delete their tasks from task details page.
- Presentation tweaks.
v3.4.1 (8th April 2017)
- German translation.
v3.3.1 (4th March 2017)
- Improved font rendering.
v3.3 (11th December 2016)
- Portuguese translation.
v3.2.7 (1st October 2016)
- French language update.
v3.2.6 (29th September 2016)
- Fixed several issues related to updating tasks.
v3.2.5 (4th September 2016)
- When adding clients to projects, archived projects are no longer available.
v3.2.4 (14th August 2016)
- Improved dashboard presentation.
v3.2.3 (31st July 2016)
- Catalan translation updates.
v3.2.2 (26th July 2016)
- Clients can now be added to empty projects.
v3.2.1 (16th July 2016)
- Catalan translation.
v3.2 (14th July 2016)
- Spanish translation.
V3.1 (9th July 2016)
- Translation ready.
- Clients can now access multiple projects.
- New setting: Let clients create job numbers on new tasks.
- New setting: Let clients edit tasks.
- New metabox to allow clients access to specified pages.
- New admin column to indicate which pages can be accessed by clients.
- Fixed issue where “Let clients create tasks” setting relied on “Let users create tasks” dependency.
- Presentation tweaks.
V3 (27th March 2016)
- Compatibility check for Task Rocket version 3.
V1.1 (19th November 2015)
- Fixed presentation issue on mobile devices.
V1.0 (4th November 2015)
- Added easy update support.
V0.2b (9th July 2015)
- Initial release.